Blackstone Valley Advocacy Center – Pawtucket, RI
The Blackstone Valley Advocacy Center is a non profit organization providing comprehensive services to victims of domestic violence.
Full time position 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday 1:00PM – 9:00PM. Responsible for providing case management for clients who reside in the Safe Home and Transitional Housing Program.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct activities necessary to admit clients to the Safe Home. Record necessary information, explain policy and procedures.
- Responsible for managing a caseload of up to 12 women residing in shelter
- Responsible to implement transitional services to clients who are leaving the Safe Home.
- Provide crisis intervention, advocacy and support to families in the Safe Home and Transitional Housing Program.
- Maintain demographic statistics and complete necessary reports.
- Responsible for receiving, screening, routing and/or responding to telephone calls to the 800 Victims of Crime Helpline and agency helpline.
- Coordinate holiday giving program in conjunction with other staff members
- Responsible for flipping rooms when clients exit shelter.
Skills and Abilities Required
- High level of interpersonal skills to provide support and assistance to clients
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask with a high attention to detail.
- Prior experience in the field of domestic violence.