Blackstone Valley Advocacy Center – Pawtucket, RI
The Blackstone Valley Advocacy Center is a non profit organization providing comprehensive services to victims of domestic violence.
Full time position 37.5 hours per week. Responsible for providing case management for clients who reside in the Safe Home and Transitional Housing Program.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct activities necessary to admit clients to the Safe Home. Record necessary information, explain policy and procedures.
- Responsible for managing a caseload of up to 12 women residing in shelter
- Responsible to implement transitional services to clients who are leaving the Safe Home.
- Provide crisis intervention, advocacy and support to families in the Safe Home and Transitional Housing Program.
- Maintain demographic statistics and complete necessary reports.
- Responsible for receiving, screening, routing and/or responding to telephone calls to the 800 Victims of Crime Helpline and agency helpline.
- Coordinate holiday giving program in conjunction with other staff members
- Responsible for flipping rooms when clients exit shelter.
Skills and Abilities Required
- High level of interpersonal skills to provide support and assistance to clients
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask with a high attention to detail.
- Prior experience in the field of domestic violence.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed; the Principal Duties and Responsibilities are a representative, but not exhaustive list of duties performed.