Accounting Manager, Nonprofit
The Blackstone Valley Advocacy Center is a nonprofit organization providing comprehensive services to victims of domestic violence.
Part time position 15 hours per week. Responsible for financial administrative duties while providing an effective level of organization and efficiency to the office.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable, reconciliation and grant management through QuickBooks online program.
- Provides function of human resources including maintaining staff accrued time and preparing payroll in conjunction with the program supervisors and Executive Director.
- Prepare program fiscal reports as required by funding sources, creating the reports and completing appropriate formats.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for the Board of Directors.
- Coordinates communications and meeting scheduling between Executive Director and the Board of Directors. Maintains the Board information including minutes, financial reports and agendas.
- Prepare and maintain monthly analysis reports on expenditures and revenues.
- Assists with maintaining and developing annual agency budget.
- Provide information to the accountant on an annual basis working closely to ensure information is accurate.
Skills and Abilities Required
- Five or more years of nonprofit accounting experience.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and QuickBooks Online required.
- Ability to multitask with a high attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed; the Principal Duties and Responsibilities are a representative, but not exhaustive list of duties performed.