The Community Outreach Coordinator will develop and implement initiatives that increase agency visibility within the community. This position will also facilitate educational workshops at our Providence site. Reports to the Associate Director of Community Services.
You need to be self-motivated, enthusiastic and community-driven to take on this exciting role. This position requires someone equipped with a positive attitude and familiarity with community agencies and referrals.
- Maintain a calendar of outreach activities, including community events, workshops, appearances and other communication opportunities.
- Nurture new and old relationships with collaborative partners.
- Provide educational opportunities to school age audiences as well as professional community partners.
- Schedule regular outreach exhibitions in the community and educate employees on community responsibility.
- Prepare accurate records and reports.
- Assist in the organization of special events, including donor/volunteer appreciation events and other fundraising initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in communications or human services field
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Preferred experience of 3-5 years within domestic violence/sexual assault field and/or community outreach work
- Outstanding written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of social media
- Detail-orientated with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed; the Principal Duties and Responsibilities are a representative, but not exhaustive list of duties performed.