GENERAL SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Executive Director, this position will oversee helpline staff, maintain and provide quality assurance measures for the agency’s primary client management database, EmpowerDB.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives and responds to the Victims of Crime Helpline from victims in crisis, police and medical personnel, and others. Gives information on services provided and makes referrals as necessary.
- Data entry and reporting using EmpowerDB.
- Maintain comprehensive logs of all incoming calls to the Victims of Crime Helpline.
- Perform all tasks necessary to the efficient operation of the Victims of Crime Helpline.
- Represent agency at various meetings as needed.
- Additional duties necessary for the efficient operation of the agency may be assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- A high level of interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Experience and education in database management
- Commitment and sensitivity to issues related to the needs of families in crisis, particularly those affected by domestic violence.
- The ability to appropriately and effectively deal with stressful situations.
- Work environment is often noisy, with more than average exposure to communicable disease (colds, flu, virus etc.).
- Work involves in-state travel to provide weekly outreach visits to clients and to pick up food and household supplies. A valid driver’s license and automobile insurance is required.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Significant experience managing CM database systems
- Experience working in crisis situations
- An adept knowledge of community resources
- Bilingual ability in English/Spanish preferred.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed; the Principal Duties and Responsibilities are a representative, but not exhaustive list of duties performed.