Law Enforcement Advocate - Pawtucket
Blackstone Valley Advocacy Center – Pawtucket, RI
The Blackstone Valley Advocacy Center is a non profit organization providing comprehensive services to victims of domestic violence.
Full time position with benefit package available. Responsible to implement the Law Enforcement Advocate Program in collaboration with the Pawtucket Police Department.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide information and assistance to police officers working with victims of sexual assault and domestic violence.
- Meet with victims either on scene (with police accompaniment), at the police department or at the hospital, following the incident or within a few days as a follow up. Refer victim to additional services as necessary.
- Generate reports and statistics.
- Assist with training programs for police officers, community members and other agencies on sexual assault and domestic violence issues.
- Represents agency at community based meetings, roundtables, conferences and sexual assault/domestic violence police in-service trainings as needed.
- Attends and participates in conferences and in-service trainings as needed.
- Provide hospital and court accompaniment to victims of sexual assault and domestic violence.
Skills and Abilities Required
- A high level of interpersonal skills to provide assistance to victims and to deal effectively with all segments of the community.
- Organizational and analytical abilities to deal with difficult human and administrative problems.
- An understanding of issues related to sexual assault, sexual abuse and domestic violence.
- Ability to deal effectively in stressful situations and to handle crisis as they arise.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Bilingual Spanish required.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed; the Principal Duties and Responsibilities are a representative, but not exhaustive list of duties performed.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.