GENERAL SUMMARY: Provide management and supervision to the Safe Home when needed to provide coverage and/or be responsible to answer the statewide Victims of Crime Helpline on an as needed basis
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Aid in coverage of the Safe Home and/or Victims of Crime Helpline including daytime, evening, overnight or holiday shifts
2. Receives and responds to all calls to the Safe Home and Victims of Crime Helpline from victims in crisis, police and medical personnel, and others. Gives information on services provided, determines appropriateness for shelter residency and makes referrals as necessary.
3. Conducts activities necessary to admit women and their children to the Safe Home. Records necessary information, explains house rules, distributes linens and other items, and otherwise orients new guests.
4. Responds to requests from guests for food items and medication according to established policy and procedures.
5. Maintains log of activities such as calls received, guests admitted and medication dispensed. Communicates pertinent information to staff.
6. Perform all tasks necessary to the efficient operation of the Safe Home.
7. Maintain records for all calls taken on the Victims of Crime Helpline
8. Additional duties necessary for the efficient operation of the agency may be assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. The ability to work independently and without close supervision.
2. Verbal communication skills to give information to callers.
3. The ability to appropriately, effectively and calmly deal with stressful or emergency situations.
Work environment can be noisy, with more than average exposure to communicable disease (colds, flu, virus etc.).
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
A combination of education and experience demonstrating acquisition of the SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED.
A level of knowledge equivalent to that which would be acquired by completion of a high school diploma.
Previous experience demonstrating the ability to work independently and responsibly is required; experience working in a group home environment is preferred.
Bilingual ability in English/Spanish or English/Portuguese is preferred.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed; the Principal Duties and Responsibilities are a representative, but not exhaustive, list of duties performed.